- Cost: £95 +VAT
- 01535 607775
Our Excel for beginners course is aimed at those people who are new to using Microsoft Excel. This course is a practical training session giving you the opportunity to have a go at creating a spreadsheet from scratch. The workshop will aim to provide you with an understanding of basic spreadsheet concepts and will provide practical experience in designing a spreadsheet and understand the basic functions involved in creating a spreadsheet.
IS IT FOR YOU?
The course will introduce you to Excel 2010 and is aimed at new employees or people looking for work who will need to use Microsoft Excel as part of the job, people attending must have basic IT skills for example using a mouse and keyboard.
WHAT TO EXPECT
What will you learn?
The workshop will aim to provide you with an understanding of basic spreadsheet concepts and will provide practical experience of dealing with data and simple formulae in newly created or existing spreadsheets.
– Load Ms Excel
– Modify the toolbar
– Enter spreadsheet contents; insert text, numeric data & formulae
– Use the undo/redo command
– Save the spreadsheet
– Fit to specified pages
– Formatting spreadsheet
– Format currency symbols
– Work with multiple spreadsheet
– Produce charts to analyse data
– Understand the parts of the document window
– Using help functions
– Recognise common error messages
– Delete cell contents
– Print preview & print
– Modify margins
– Display numbers as percentages
– Format date styles
– Add additional cell content
After the session you will be able to:
– Load Ms Excel
– Use the help function and modify the toolbar
– Create mathematical formulas using spreadsheet functions for example add, subtract, multiply & divide
– Adjust page settings and check spreadsheet content prior to printing and distribution
– Create basic spreadsheets and save them in different formats
– Input text, data and formula into cells
– Use the edit, undo, redo, cut, copy & paste tools
EQUIPMENT – Laptops will be provided however if you wish to bring your own then please ensure that you have a full copy of Excel 2007 or 2010. All work will be saved to a memory stick so that you can use at a later date.
TRAINER WENDY SPENCER
Wendy manages the day-to-day running of Airedale Enterprise Services and her main role is to ensure the company’s growth by looking for, and bidding into funding opportunities. Wendy is also an ICT tutor and teaches our Digital Garage, Email Marketing and Introduction to Microsoft Excel and Word.
This Course includes refreshments – Funding of 40% (European Social Fund) might be available towards the cost of the course through *The Skills Service please email Wendy or call 01535 607775 to check eligibility criteria.