- October 10, 2019 @ 10:00 - 15:00
- Cost: £95 +VAT
- 01535 607775
AIMED AT THOSE PEOPLE WHO ARE NEW TO USING MICROSOFT EXCEL
Our “Excel for Beginners” training workshop is aimed at those people who are new to using Microsoft Excel, or have very limited knowledge and would like to start again! This course is a practical training session giving you the opportunity to have a go at creating a spreadsheet from scratch.
IS IT FOR YOU?
The course is aimed at people who are already employed, or are looking for work, who will need to use Microsoft Excel. Anyone who is going to be using Excel at home is also welcome. Those attending must have some basic IT skills.
WHAT TO EXPECT
What will you learn?
The workshop will aim to provide you with an understanding of basic spreadsheet concepts and will provide practical experience of dealing with data and simple formulae in newly created or existing spreadsheets.
– Understanding the Excel window
– Creating and saving new Excel workbooks
– Opening, editing and updating existing workbooks
– Using Spell-check
– Recognising error messages and using undo/redo commands
– Basic formatting of cells, text, numbers, dates, percentages
– Adjusting width of columns and height of rows
– Duplicating or moving data, rows or columns
– Sorting and filtering data
– Using simple formulae and functions
– Borders and shading (cells/rows/columns)
– Timesavers (freezing rows/columns; autofill; incremental entries)
– Basic printing options
– Fit to specified pages
– Modify margins
– Formatting spreadsheet
– Display numbers as percentages
– Format currency symbols
– Format date styles
– Work with multiple spreadsheets
– Add additional cell content
– Produce charts to analyse data
– Pivot tables
– Edit/modify charts
– After the session you will be able to:
– Create and edit simple spreadsheets
– Input text and numeric data into cells and format appropriately
– Create the mathematical formulae Add, Subtract , Multiply & Divide
– Use edit, undo, redo, cut, copy and paste tools
– Sort and filter data
– Use borders and/or shading to improve readability of the printed version
– Adjust page settings and check spreadsheet layout prior to printing
Laptops will be provided however if you wish to bring your own then please ensure that you have a full copy of Excel 2007 or 2010. All work will be saved to a memory stick so that you can use at a later date.
Additional information – FSB members receive 10% discount off all of our courses, please call us on 01535 607775 for more details.