- Cost: £50+VAT
- 01535 607775
Our “Word Basics” training workshop is aimed at those people who are new to using Microsoft Word, or have very limited knowledge and would like to start again! This course, which is offered in association with Moorside Training, is a practical training session giving you the opportunity to produce everyday letters and documents from scratch.
Is it for you?
The course is aimed at people who are already employed, or are looking for work, who will need to use Microsoft Word. Anyone who is going to be using Word at home is also welcome. Those attending must have some basic IT skills, e.g be able to use a mouse and keyboard.
What to expect
The workshop will aim to provide you with an understanding, and practical experience, of basic operations associated with creating, formatting and finishing a word processed document ready for distribution.
– Understanding the Word window
– Creating new documents, opening existing documents, and saving documents
– Text inputting and editing (including selecting words, sentences, lines etc; inserting & deleting text) using accepted layout conventions
– Using the Undo and Redo commands
– Using Spell-check
– Basic formatting and simple text effects (eg bold, underline, italic, centring etc)
– Copying, duplicating or moving text
– Using the Find and Replace tool
– Applying bullets or numbers to lists
– Text placement and settings (eg page orientation, changing margins, insetting text, page breaks) and using print preview
– Inserting headers and footers
– Basic printing options
After the session you will be able to:-
– Create, edit and save documents using generally accepted layout conventions
Input, edit and manipulate text using a variety of techniques
– Format text appropriately to improve readability of the printed version
– Use Spell-check to assist in proof-reading
– Adjust settings and check document layout prior to printing
EQUIPMENT: Laptops will be provided however if you wish to bring your own then please ensure you have a full copy of MS Word 2007 or 2010. All work will be saved to a memory stick so that you can use at a later date.
Trainer Debbie Butterfield
Debbie has been with Moorside Training for nine years. She has a total of 16 years’ teaching experience, including at Keighley College. She has taught all levels of ICT skills to a wide variety of age groups and taught on qualification courses such as OCR/RSA Text Processing (Business Professional) and CLAiT courses.
Book your places now for our 2019 training workshops.
This course will be held at Airedale Enterprise Services. The Course will run from 10am – 3pm with lunch included.
Thursday 24th January 2019
Cost: £50 +VAT
Certification – All candidates will receive a certificate of attendance outlining the course details.