Press release writing: how to write effective press releases to get positive coverage for your business
- Cost: £195 +VAT
- 01535 607775
An effective news release is a cost-effective and proven way to communicate about your business, generate media coverage, raise profile, engage customers, build reputation and increase enquiries and sales.
This one-day workshop covers the fundamentals of press release writing. As well as learning the skills and techniques needed, you’ll also learn how to give a traditional press release a 21st century twist to create multimedia news copy that works for your website and social media platforms.
Is it for you?
This workshop is ideal for:
– Staff new to business communications who need cost-effective support and hands-on training
– Marketing and PR students keen to improve their writing skills
– Anyone responsible for using communications to raise the profile of their business or organisation
What to expect:
– Learn how to write eye-catching headlines and compelling copy
– Identify your audience and what’s news – and what isn’t
– Build your media contacts
– An insight into how the media work
– How to incorporate quotes, photos, videos and graphics
– Analyse examples of press releases – the good and the bad
– Practise writing press releases – set exercises cover a range of topics
– Feedback on you exercise
– How to adjust your press release for differing audiences and platforms (including search optimising for the web)
By the end of the session you will have:
– Created a press release that you can use to promote your business
– Built your own media list
– Generated ideas for stories that journalists will want to use
– Gained insight into how the media work
– Understood how and when to distribute your press release
Trainer Ros Dawson
Ros is a qualified journalist and trainer with expertise gained in public, private and third sector organisations. She’s worked across all media – TV, radio, print, digital and social. Her experience includes reporting and producing for BBC News, PR consultancy and serving as Press Secretary to a government minister. Ros’s courses are high energy, interactive and interesting, structured to ensure measurable outcomes and clear return on investment.
Book your places now for our 2019 training workshops.
This course will be held at Airedale Enterprise Services. The Course will run from 10am – 4.30pm. Includes lunch and refreshments.
Wednesday 13th February
Wednesday 27th February
Wednesday 13th March
Cost: £195 +VAT
Certification – All candidates will receive a certificate of attendance outlining the course details.