- Cost: £195 +VAT
- 01535 607775
HOW TO WRITE EFFECTIVE PRESS RELEASES TO GET POSITIVE COVERAGE FOR YOUR BUSINESS
An effective news release is a cost-effective and proven way to communicate about your business, generate media coverage, raise profile, engage customers, build reputation and increase enquiries and sales.
This one-day workshop covers the fundamentals of press release writing. As well as learning the skills and techniques needed, you’ll also learn how to give a traditional press release a 21st century twist to create multimedia news copy that works for your website and social media platforms.
IS IT FOR YOU?
This workshop is ideal for:
– Staff new to business communications who need cost-effective support and hands-on training
– Marketing and PR students keen to improve their writing skills
– Anyone responsible for using communications to raise the profile of their business or organisation
WHAT TO EXPECT
– Learn how to write eye-catching headlines and compelling copy
– Identify your audience and what’s news – and what isn’t
– Build your media contacts
– An insight into how the media work
– How to incorporate quotes, photos, videos and graphics
– Analyse examples of press releases – the good and the bad
– Practise writing press releases – set exercises cover a range of topics
– Feedback on you exercise
– How to adjust your press release for differing audiences and platforms (including search optimising for the web)
By the end of the session you will have:
– Created a press release that you can use to promote your business
– Built your own media list
– Generated ideas for stories that journalists will want to use
– Gained insight into how the media work
– Understood how and when to distribute your press release
TRAINER ROS DAWSON
Ros is a qualified journalist and trainer with expertise gained in public, private and third sector organisations. She’s worked across all media – TV, radio, print, digital and social. Her experience includes reporting and producing for BBC News, PR consultancy and serving as Press Secretary to a government minister. Ros’s courses are high energy, interactive and interesting, structured to ensure measurable outcomes and clear return on investment.
The Course includes lunch and refreshments – Funding of 40%(European Social Fund) might be available towards the cost of the course through *The Skills Service please email Wendy or call 01535 607775 to check eligibility criteria.